Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 5.7 IIS and Report Viewer fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipmotley

Technical User
Jun 21, 2018
US
Hello, I need help with a newly installed Micros RES 5.7 on Windows 2016 Server. After converting the database from 5.2 to 5.7 --- OPS is working fine. Unfortunately, anything that uses the Web Server to run e.g. Reports and MgrProcedure fail. Micros AutoSeqServ and W3SVC service are running. Does anyone have experience troubleshooting issues like this? Thanks, Cmotley

Error after Reports Fail

Capture_hkb4a2.png

IIS Application Pool
Capture1_mjig3u.png

This is a known issue. Reinstall autosequence.

chipmotley,

Have you resolved this issue? We are experiencing the exact same behavior and the reinstall of autosequence's did not have an impact. Oracle support also suggested we rebuild the statistics table, which also had no impact.

-Andrew

Hello Andrew,

I was able to resolve this by carefully re-installing the IIS Web components. Unfortunately, the micros directions are vague, but if you look closely at the install directions (and the pictures of the Web components) triple check and make sure all the components are installed especially the .Net components. Once all the components were installed the problem was resolved. Here is a Photo of a newly installed Micros System with Autoseq and Reports working correctly.
Hope this helps!

Capture1_z2wqmn.png

Thanks! At first glance we look good but we will reinstall IIS components and revisit.

Hey all,

I am having an issue where after EOD runs the reports seem to lock up and I get the old gray box in the corner issue. Restart of the Remoting Service and the dependencies and Windows Process Activation services still does not help. Only thing that does currently is reboot of the system. Can't quite get my head around what the issue may be. The log files don't seem to lead me anywhere.

Any suggestions?

This works for me for the gray box:

Report Service Reported Failed / Grey / Gray Screen when running reports in autosequences and reports

Note: You may also need to follow the steps below to get Reports to show correctly if the Remoting svc has been stopped in future.

Work around:

1) Stop Micros Remoting svc.

2) Re-Start the World Wide Web Publishing service.

3) Start Micros Remoting svc.

4) Run report. Result = It works!

Link

Just comment that the solution published above was only temporary since the problem was presented again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back