Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 5.5 double sided printing on server reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

jw1511

Technical User
May 6, 2013
US
We recently upgraded from RES 5.4.3 on Windows 7 to 5.5.1 on a new Windows 10 HP Server, and lost double sided printing of server reports on our HP laser printer (which did not change). The HP Printer is configured for double sided in Windows 10 for the HP Driver. The HP Driver is selected in POS Configurator / Restaurant / Default Printer. Applications like Adobe Reader pick up the double sided print setting just fine. It shows up under Printer Settings from the Micros Applications just fine. If I run an Autosequence report, and ask for Preview, and then Print from there, it uses the double sided setting just fine (I believe at this point the report is being printed from Adobe Reader so that makes sense). But an Autosequence Report going to Print without Preview does not use the setting. Autosequence Reports running on a schedule does not. Credit Card Reports does not. Bottom line, I think is is a RES issue somewhere. For prior versions, I remember we had to log into an “AutosquenceUser” user ID and change the printer settings for that user in order for RES to pick up the settings. But we do not have that user any more. Any help or suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Here's a long-shot... but...
Is the autosequence server actually running on your RES3700 DB server? if so, log into POS config on that server, and go to Reporting > Autosequence Steps > find the Autosequence Report in question, then test what happens if you select to 'override default printer' with the HP driver that is configured in Windows with the double side print settings.

Thank you for the suggestion but it did not resolve the issue. The same HP driver is listed in Pos Config / Restaurant / Default Printer and also where you suggested in the Autosequence Steps as the Override Default Printer. It's like the RES software is not picking up and using all the selected printer features like double sided printing. When a report is previewed, it then goes into Adobe Reader and that software picks up the double sided when you Print the report. Anyone know what tool or software gets used by RES when direct printing without the preview? I understand Crystal Reports Viewer gets used for some reports but could not find that tool. Any help or suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

We have the same Problem also in 5.5.3.
Is there any Solution?

RES 3700 is using a printer driver made available on Win10. Apparently, the driver on Win10 is not able to handle this. Try to update or rollback your printer driver to see if you can find one that works, otherwise wait for a new driver from the manufacturer.

David Jenulis

@andreasZ Would you know where I could download Version 5.5.3 from? I just recently upgraded to 5.5 MR2 and have discovered that in the near future, a Windows 10 creator patch coming out, will break RES. Temporary fix for this issue is to disable to update but to avoid running into issues in the later future, I would like upgrade to 5.5.3.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: I was able to find 5.5 MR3. Its available for download under Patches and Updates and can be found as PATCH # 26802180

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back