Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 5.5, CAL install on WS6 but doesn't Install RES 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosPSA

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2018
BO
thread693-1769832

Hi friends, somebody help me?, I have WServer 2012, Installed MICROS RES POS 3700D v5.5MK1, in server res works fine, but, when I install CAL on a new WS6, nothing happens, Its Install, find server, ask WS Name choose, restart WS with new IP and Name, but nothing happens, I already read thread693-1769832 has the same problem in another version. Please friends, give me a possible or tips to check if all in server are OK,
PD.- firewall off or on, same results, only 1 network in all place.
Thanks in advance.

Depends what version of workstation 6 you have.
Workstation 610 will work with RES 5.5.3 The other series workstation 6's will need RES version 5.6
Hope this helps

Look at the sticker on the back of the workstation tablet with the part number/ seriel number. As its running win10 good chance its the 620 or the newer 610. Are you a live site or running a test lab? If a test lab then just update your software to 5.6 and you should be good.

Hi Wildbar, Iam running Live, but I need solve this ASAP, because This restaurants open Oct15, tellme my friend, do you know where I can find installer or Updater?

Hi Wildbar, I comented,I realized a format Server (Windows server 2012R2 STD), I realize a clean new install of RES POS 5.6 as do you advise me, I realize basic settings (licence, network nodes, WS names, Host, etc), but I have a doubt, In Database manager, what I have to do basically?, can you tell me?, Thanks

@CarlosPSA I am not sure what you are asking. Can you rephrase your question?
Thanks

Wildbar, Thanks again, I already installed Windows server 2012 R2, Install IIS full mode, but, i need to know, have I need to do another steep?, I ask because I run res5.6 prerequisites installer and finish ok, but, when I run res5.6 installer, few minutes later said:

Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A
program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact
your support personnel or package vendor. Action
GrantDBDirPermissions, location: C:\windows\SysWOW64\, command:
ICACLS.exe "D:\MICROS\Database" /grant:r Users:(OI)(CI)F /T

And crash It, at the same time, doing rollback said fatal error 1603.

I dont know what can I do....

There are most of the time one of this 3 things

GROUPS USERS must have the name USERS / Important for non-english Windows OS like Benutzer in German you have to rename it.
UAC MUST be on normal
DO not run the Installation under "Administrator", run under another user with local admin rights.

Thanks POSKitchen, It works!,
I always used to run as administrator for the elevation and privileges, I had also set the UAC to 0, based on other advice from this same forum, but what I really did not know is the name of USERS, and it is correct since my OS is Spanish , thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back