Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microfocus Cobol GUI - Dialog System

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobStardust

Programmer
Aug 1, 2002
GB
We are using Microfocus Dialog System to include a GUI front-end on our Cobol DOS system. We are able to run more than 1 version of the basic DOS version, but are unable to run more than 1 version of the GUI version - is this possible? And how?

Our runtime system, which uses Dialog System generated GUI forms

You certainly should be able to use the gui Dialog in a multi-user environment.

What is the problem you are getting? Maybe it is to do with a file or files on a server that maybe should be on the local machine - I'm guessing there, but cant think of any obvious reason why it wouldn't work first time.

What version of Dialog are you using? I use NetExpress, which I find a wonderful development tool.

Phil Hickling.

I should have been more specific - I am unable to run more than 1 occurence on my PC (as I can with many other programs).

Do you get an error message at all?

We use ne3 and run multiple sessins of the run-time compiled project with no problem.

No error message - the program starts and then ends.

A bit more detail - we have built a .EXE which is used to drive our GUI system. It would appear that I cannot run more than 1 occurence of this .EXE on my PC - is there an option in the Build function to allow this?

By the way, I am using MF COBOL 3.2.31 - Dialog System 2.5.42 - Build application 7.0.11

As I recall 3.2.31 of MF COBOL and 2.5.42 of Dialog System were both 16 bit products. Depending on how you compiled or built them this may well pose a problem with 32 bit windows systems. Clive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back