Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micro Focus/Merant Cobol run tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciup

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2000
US
I am trying to move a custom made DOS application written in Micro Focus Cobol from one computer to another. I've made a full copy of the program on the new computer. The program is started by a DOS batch file. When I run that batch file on the new computer it tells me that it does not find some libraries altrough the libraries are in the same place as in the old computer. The batch file speciffies the path to the libraries same way as in the old computer.
The line in the batch file that give the error looks like this: "run filename.gnt".
I do not know how the "run" tool works. It might be another way to speciffy the path the COBOL libraries but I do not have any documentation about Micro Focus COBOL Version 3.1.35 with wich the program was compiled.
Any ideea anyone about what could be that gives me the error? Thanks everyone in advance.

Hi,

If you want to know exactly what file gives a problem, you can use a program that is called SNOOPDOS. If you run this program under DOS, it will install itself. When you run your program after that with the problems, you start SNOOPDOS again and it will report all the files which are touched or tried to touch. It reports the errors and you will also see the path it is trying to use.

Please reply with the exact error message.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back