Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Micos RES3700] Covers and Employee Classes - How to use one card for QS and TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomed

Programmer
Dec 17, 2011
IT
I'm trying to figure out how to use one magnetic card for each employee.

The issue i'm having is that i set on the employee class that the cover entry is required, but if the same employee is a cashier for a Take Away the system is requesting the cover entry anyway , that's slowing down the service.

Is there any flag or configuration to have that feature only on Table Service Revenue Center for ex ?

Just to be clear, you are wanting to use one card for all employees or one card per employee (whereas the card is different for each)?

As for the Cover Entry, setup a different Employee Class for Employees that would be preforming this action, and setup another Class for the employees that wouldn't use this action.

For instance, "Cashiered Server" or "Host" can do both, enter covers and such, whereas the "Cashiers" only take orders.

For Takeaway orders you should configure your touchscreens so that the staff can go directly to entering menu items for a Fast Transaction (You must enable, allow fast tranactions in the rvc options).
A fast transaction will not prompt for a cover count. If you use the begin check function then it will prompt for a cover count.

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

Are your employees working as QS and TS in the same shift?

@hosehead78: one card for each employee
@CathalMF: for take away and delivery i use the "begin check by id" because a requirement is to add the customer name for the pick up. Any other solution ?
@pmegan: Yes a cashier may close TS Checks and manage QS.

If I'm understanding this, you have employees who sometimes work as a TS server, and sometimes as a QS cashier. TS servers can start tables and should require a guest count to do so. QS cashiers can pick up TS checks to close them, but can't start them, and should be able to start their own QS checks without entering a guest count.

Does that sound about right? The big, important question here is whether your employee work as both a TS server and QS cashier at the same time, or if they're dedicated to one of those jobs each shift.

you've got it.

ideally they should be dedicated to one of those jobs each shift.

Considering that the prompt for cover count can not be configured by till ( there are tills for order and tills with cash drawer for payments ) and that can not be configured by RVC the only solution i see is to have TA and Delivery RVC with fast transaction enabled.

ATM there is a macro "Start TA Check" that

1) Change RVC without sign out
2) Change Order Type
3) Change Sublevel
4) Begin Check BY ID

I have to test if it prompts for cover count if i remove step 4 and i use a "Set Check ID" (the cashier will have to press the button) instead of "Begin Check by ID" within the macro

Do you see any other solution ?

If they're dedicated jobs for each shift, then you should have employee classes for server and cashier, and job codes for sever and cashier, linked to the employee classes. Each employee would have both job codes assigned, and they select which job they're working when they clock in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back