Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micollab without interent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Hi all.
Please assist with advice on how to implement MICC and Micollab for a standalone contact centre that doesn't have internet, domain, email, SSL certificates and public IP. Micollab is required for agent softphones that will work internally and no Teleworkers.
The servers cannot reach the AMC for licensing, Mitel Easy Deploy and Let's Encrypt. I am also wondering how users will get deployment emails and setup their agent softphones.

The MiContact, MiCollab, MiVBG's and MiVB's allow for offline licensing, so no connection to the AMC is required. All of these processes are described in the I&M docs. But the only way around the deployment process for MiCollab Clients that I can think of is not using the PC client at all and instead using the web-based browser version instead. This just needs a username and password and no QR codes. If you are linked to AD, then the user's credentials are the same as their domain credentials and if it's not linked to AD, you will be in control of their initial passwords, which I think they have to update when they first log in to the web-based MiCollab client. The MiCollab will be able to send the users Welcome Emails so they will get the essential info they require as this is sent directly from the MiCollab itself.

Having not tried an offline install yet, anyone please step in and correct any errors I have made.

For MiCollab client deployment, self-deployment via the web client doesn't require internet as far as I'm aware.

It could be an option to manually install MiCollab PC Client via the MiCollab URL directly ( after accepting EULA, then you can double-click on the Mitel logo and manually enter the server, username and password of the user. Use of the deployment server (via Mitel infrastructure) is only to simply deployment of the MiCollab client app as far as I'm aware.

For micollab_pc.msi to work a valid certificate is required IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back