Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micollab Web Client not changing status on MDRG

Status
Not open for further replies.

colpot

Technical User
Jan 20, 2006
GB
We have a Customer running 8.0.1.9 and they are using Multi Device Ring Groups. When they want to change the Status of their phones they are going to edit the status and ticking/unticking the phone and expecting this to make the device present/absent in the MDRG on the Mitel. This doesn't appear to have any effect on the MDRG - is that the correct operation?

Colpot
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

That’s cause by a Class of Service feature that is not enabled.

Look for something called third party application presence

If you can’t find it let me know and I’ll have a look

Cheers

Daniel

Thanks for the reply - the option is enabled in the COS for the Users.

Colpot

@Colpot - the correct way to go about this on the client is make different status with "prefered" phone presence.
Then simply switch the status rather than the "tick & untick".

As others on this post have stated, Group Presence Third Party Control should be enabled on CoS the Primary phone.

Also test by creating Group presence key on the Physical phone and see if you tongle the key, it changes the presence in the MDUG.
This is basically what the client is doing when you change the "Status". If the keys doesn't work, you might have a bigger issue.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Thanks - dialling the fac and group presence key works ok. Changing to different status has no effect on the group presence. COS is set as previously suggested (it was already set)

Colpot

OK back to some basic checks-

Are you using UCCv4 licenses?
Did you create the user via the MiCollab?
Are all the devices members of the same MDUG?
Are the MiCollab Client Tab in the user's profile has the correct license feature type and not "Default Feature"?
Are Primary and Secondary phones correctly added on the MiCollab Client Tab?

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Thanks @Valamagules

Are you using UCCv4 licenses?
Yes
Did you create the user via the MiCollab?
I don't know as I am on Maintenance not installation and the installing Engineer has left the business
Are all the devices members of the same MDUG?
Yes
Are the MiCollab Client Tab in the user's profile has the correct license feature type and not "Default Feature"?
Yes - set to UCC4.0 Standard and includes all the features.
Are Primary and Secondary phones correctly added on the MiCollab Client Tab?
Yes

When I look at the User & Services account the desk phone doesn't show under the heading although it shows on the Micollab Client account.
I wanted to delete and reenter the User but when I select edit on the user and services tab it just gives me a blank screen?
Have asked the Customer to reboot the Micollab overnight and will take another look in the morning (UK time)

Colpot

Just a wild guess, did you deploy the MiCollab Client before making the whole Multi-device group? If yes, I would try to simply deploy the client again via MiCollab Client Deployment.
Are the extension members of your Multi-device group linked to the same user or are they two+ different users? Normally, it should be one user with multiple extensions so that you can see all the extensions under the same user in MiCollab.

@V3RTechNP
Thanks - I am not sure of the sequence of deployment originally but could try to redeploy.
The extensions are all linked to the same user.

Colpot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back