Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnniehec

Technical User
Aug 29, 2012
GB
Hi, as we're about to lose our Microsoft UM due to MS withdrawing support for SBC access we're looking for a replacement voicemail system for 1000 - 1500 users.
As NuPoint voicemail is now MiCollab UM, which licences do we need for basic voicemail with MWI notification and SMTP forwarding to email only? Obviously we need a MiCollab Virtual Appliance but then do we need 1500 MiCollab NPUM MiVBus Mailbox Licences or 1500 (unlimited) NPUM Stnd UM licences or 1500 of each?

Thank you,
John.

There should be a way to convert your existing licensing to UCC licensing. Talk to your Mitel rep.

I believe there is a promotion for this right now.

I'm doing this for a customer with just under 1000 stations (but havent started yet.)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks but we don't have any Mitel Voicemail infrastructure or licencing just now. We fire all voicemail traffic over a SIP trunk and SBCs to Office365 Unified messaging which has worked extremely well for us until MS announced end of support for this will be July 2018.
We're starting from scratch with Mitel or some other Voicemail platform and just want basic voicemail, flashing MW lamps and the option to forward messages to email in box.

Thank you,
John.

Oh sorry, I didn't read very clearly obviously

MiCollab does not stand alone as a voicemail but needs a Controller to manage the voice paths.

Without even checking, this would be quite expensive if all you really want is SMTP forwarding

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back