Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micollab no ring tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voip-Nerd

Technical User
Apr 6, 2011
SA
Hi
We have the following setup
Sip trunks ===> MBG ===> Mivoice 3300 =====> Micollab and to internet connections

every things is working fine between the Micollab and 3300. But when we call outside from Micollab we can't here ringing tone but the call it's reached the final detestation and work fine. what need to enable to hear the ringing tone.

BR

are you saying that there is 2 way speech and the only thing missing is the ring tone?
what are software versions of everything
what is the Sip trunk provider

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hi, did you try to enable Tone injection in MBG Micollab's teleworker extension?

Tone injection is related to call recording NOT Ring tone , Its a sip trunk issue and we might be able to help if we know what teh SIp trunk provider is ?

Tone Injection

Some setups require 'recording' tones to be injected into the audio path. This can be accomplished with various Call Recording solutions if the solution supports it. Recording tones can also be injected with or without a call recorder connected, by using the MiVoice Border Gateway configuration panel.

Note: •This feature is not compatible with Local Streaming.
•This feature is only supported with G.711U, G.711A, G.729 codecs.
•MiNet codecs must be set to restricted to ensure that the tone is played under all call scenarios.
•SIP codecs must be set to restricted to ensure that the tone is played under all call scenarios.

Tone Injection has the following controls:
•Frequency: The pitch of the tone.
•Duration: How long the tone should play for.
•Interval: The time between played tones.
•Volume: The volume of the tone. Note that values approaching zero are louder, while values increasing negatively are quieter.
•Mix/Mux: Controls whether to mix the tone into the audio stream, or replace the audio stream with the tone while playing.
•Direction: Whether to play the tone in the audio stream going to the set, the ICP, or both.

Note: •Some phones might experience difficulties playing tones less than 1000Hz.
•The Play test tone feature works in most, but not all, browsers. If it appears to not be working for you, try a different browser.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Force Sending SDP in initial invite message = YES
Force Sending SDP in intial invite - Early Answer = NO << I had the same issue and this was the culprit.
Ignore SDP answers in Provisional Responses = YES

As per AH64Armament response - check

Force Sending SDP in initial invite message = YES
Force Sending SDP in initial invite - Early Answer = NO

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back