Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micollab Mobile and iPhones "Unable to answer incoming calls" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keowolf

Technical User
Jun 3, 2015
CA
I have several users that are unable to see a answer button on the mobile client. (Softphone)
Has anyone resolved this issue?

MiCollab 7.3.0.30
iPhone 7 (not sure the OS level)

That is an iphone issue. You need to unlock it and open the app.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

MiCollab 8.0 will fix this. Take a look at bulletin PB20170063.

Where can i find that? a search at mitel online gives me nothing.

BAZINGA!

Mitel have stopped putting the bulletins on MOL.

Log into Mitel Connect then look for Product/Program Bulletins down the left hand side.

Hmmm, i do not seem to have that option.
I will ask a collegae which probably has that option.
Customers find it very annoying so it is good that it will be fixed soon.

BAZINGA!

Find out your Mitel Connect admin by looking under self service, they can then add the options that are missing.

Looks like Mitel will be moving most things out of MOL onto Connect, Knowledge base Bulletins etc have already moved, TechCentral Tracker & Downloads will be moving soon I believe.

Problem is Micollab 8.0 is not out. / Fairly huge undertaking to upgrading.

Thanks for the PB it is good info but still looking for info on how to fix in current version.

I have printed PB20170063 to a pdf and attached it to this post.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=cf76b410-698e-4232-9015-80b20725cb9f&file=PB20170063.pdf
I came across the same issue with a customer today.
Found that if the user has their status set to an option where the softphone is unchecked, then you will not get the answer button on the smartphone app.
eg. If their status is set to "In the Office" and their desk phone is checked but the soft phone is unchecked, the app will still pop up notifying of an incoming call, but there won't be an answer key... checked off softphone and the answer key appears.

Known i phone issue on the past few releases. Which client are they using?
Also 8 is out but not the client yet.

I have seen this when the softphone was set as "Not Present" in the Personal ring group, The micollab client still notifies you of the call and also presents the red reject call button but doesnt display the green answer button.

Hi!
I ran into the same problems! But it was not any problem of the Release 8.0 or 7.3
The main innovation of 8.0 are only the push notifications via CallKit to Apple devices.

My first problem was: If any User was defined as Multi-Device User, the MD Group was NOT created in MiVb automatically.
So i had to add a Multidevice Group first.

Well, the Decives was now applicable in "my ring group" but i was still unable to pick up the call on my mobile (only the red button) (The strange thig: In MiCollab Web Client - everything worked fine)

After some trial&error hours I was looking on AMC Server, and I was wondering about the "AMC Known IP Adress"
So my Firewall-Guy did not set the IP Adress to 1:1 NAT in DMZ (MiCollab with Webproxy in DMZ)

After setting all the traffic in & out through that specific DMZ Port everything worked fine!!! But who cares, it took only a few hours to find any hint :)
PS: Micollab Web is working over WebRTC, so the Communication is quite different to MiCollab Mobile

PLUG n PRAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back