Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab license change on multiple users 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike__K

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2020
US
We did an uplift of all our UCC Entry licenses to UCC Standard and now the system shows "Warning: Please upgrade 135 or more users." in the Licensing Information section on the MiCollab server. Is there a way to update multiple users at a time? I looked at the "Bulk User Provisioning" tab but the edit function there does not list the license as one of the updatable items.

I've been in the same position recently. To answer your question, there is no easy way. I started going through each user and changing the license type and adding the extra features but this quickly became obvious this would take days and I had to think of another way. I decided to delete the users from MiCollab and re-import them via an AD sync with the correct template for their license. But, these users had minimal group programming associated, no ACD no personal keys so it was pretty straight forward. I exported all the usual user and group forms so I was able to get that info back in easily via imports. Managed approx. 115 users in an evening.

there used to be some scripts available to help with this

Ill see if i can find the references

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

i think there are references in tek tips to this somewhere else

not sure if it works on all versions

you havent specified what version your using

ubat.sh
script still exists in usr/mas/bin

open it in text editor for an explanation on how its used

Is the script ubat.sh still working?

I see it in MiCollab, but it does not export anything when I try it. If it can work, it would save us a lot of time!!

what version of micollab do you have - always best to list software versions at the start of the thread

I have just tried this on a v9.1 MiCollab and get the following message:

[root@micollab ~]# cd /usr/mas/bin
[root@micollab bin]# ./ubat.sh -e myusers.csv
Exporting data to file /var/tmp/myusers.csv ... Done.

Licensing summary:

sed: can't read ./ubat.sh: No such file or directory
ERROR: relation "macschema.tmp_huy_license_summary" does not exist
LINE 1: select * from macschema.tmp_huy_license_summary
^

Please download file /var/tmp/myusers.csv to your PC and open it using a spreadsheet program.

The ubat.sh is definitely in the directory. When I perform a dir command, it lists it there. The spreadsheet does not exist when I search for it in the directory suggested or any other directory. Has anyone else tried it on v9.1?

Same result for me. I open a ticket with Mitel to see if there is a solution for this.

I just tried the ubat.sh script to export the csv and got the same results as Devolution did, I also did not get the file in /var/tmp/myusers.csv

MiCollab 8.0.2.301
Mitel Standard Linux 10.5.26
OVA 8.0.2.301

I'm glad it's not just me :) @augustD2 - could you keep this thread updated with Mitel's response please?

Think the command is sh ./ubat.sh -e myusers.csv as that runs without errors but still has no output. Thought I'd add that for Mike as I tried it. I too will open a ticket with Mitel on this issue

last time i had an issue the designers had to re-write it as the database had been updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back