Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab Handoff Fails

SNJQuintin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2008
CA
Hi there. I am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I am the admin of our MiVoice phone system, and we have MiCollab. I am really the only one that uses it. I have it on my desktop, and my cell phone (Android). When I try to hand off a call to a different device, it doesn't ask which device, it just says "handoff failed". We have ucc standard licenses licenses, which I thought was supposed to support that.

We have:
MiCollab 9.7.1.110-01
MiVoice Business 10.0.1.22
The latest versions of the app as of yesterday.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Q

its not a magical feature that works without specific config in place

will hugely depend upon how the system has been programmed
- if its correct then you will have an extension thats the pilot of a MDU group
within that group will be at least 2 subextensions
- we normally use the auto assigned ones from a template so for example
ext 3001 would have sublines
3*001 for mobile twinning
30*01 for SIp softphone

for handoff to function these would need to be working and present in the mdu group so that the deskphone can push to the EHDU( mobile) or the softphone

the other devices should then ring and when you answer on one it should pull it from the handset

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay in responding, somehow I missed this. In any case, I think that makes sense, and will look into that.

Thanks again!

Q

So looking at this, not really sure what settings need to be applied where. Is there any documentation on setting up twinning that you can point me to? We do have the correct licenses in place for that.

Thanks!

OK, so doing some Googling on this, and finding that "twinning" and "hand-off" hands off to a mobile phone. Is there not a way to hand-off to the MiCollab app on the mobile phone, as opposed to dialing out to the mobile phone #? Or handing off between the desk phone and the MiCollab app on the PC or mobile? Maybe I am not understanding the hand-off concept...but that is what I thought it was for...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do the devices you're trying to hand off between each have their own unique extension in the MDUG? A soft phone extension can only be active on one device at a time, so if you want to be able to hand off between different MiCollab clients, each device will need their own unique soft phone extension within the MDUG.

So I can create multiple UC Endpoints? And then deploy one to my PC and one to my mobile device? I will give that a try.

Thanks!

OK, added a second UC Endpoint, and it doesn't seem to work...I get "no configuration" on my mobile device and cannot enable it. I have this config

5106 (desk phone)
5*106 (MiCollab - PC) - has no TW configured, and works on my PC, which is always in the building.
51*06 (MiCollab - Mobile) - this one has TW configured, and gives my a "no configuration" and cannot be enabled for some reason.

all 3 extensions have multi-device licenses, and are in the same multi-device user group. I do note, that in MiCollab, on the MiCollab Client tab, I can onle assign 1 desk phone extension, and 1 soft phone extension (all 3 extension show as options for each of the 2 settings). I have 5*106 assigned as my soft phone.

Any ideas on what I missed?

Thanks!

Q

Last edited:
Make sure your MiCollab Feature Profile includes the Mobile SIP Softphone, make sure the mobile softphone extension is added to the MDUG, and sync with the PBX from the Synchronization tab in MiCollab Client Service

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back