Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab Client Login - Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devolution

Programmer
Jun 6, 2005
GB
MiCollab v9.4.1.8
MiVBG (Teleworker in the DMZ) v11.0.0.304

I am trying to find out if the MiCollab and/or the Teleworker server keeps a log file of the login behavior of the MiCollab Clients. The customer wants to know how adopted the desktop and mobile clients are amongst their staff over a 90-day period in the office or as remote workers.

I know both servers can provide real-time information on this but can't find if this is logged anywhere to be exported.

Thanks in advance.

nope
have asked mitel support this before
best you can do is manual check of the micollab diagnostics to see what clients are connected

nothing is logged

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thank you Billz66 for the quick response. I feared this would be the answer.

If you're using the softphone the tug/tug.log keeps track of when it sees the softphone extension register and from what IP address. Keep in mind you'd have to look at the logs for whichever MBG instance the softphone is connecting to. So, if your MiCollab is in LAN only mode and you have a standalone MBG facing the internet, internal connections will hit the MiCollab server while remote would hit the MBG.

Thank you Lundah. I have had the same thought but the idea of going back through this log for the past 90 days for potentially 400 users micollab registrations makes me feel bored before I start. I'm going to start keeping a log of the current registrations on the MiCollab Diagnostics page for now and explain that historical data is not available.

There may be something in the uc_server/ log folder, but I don't know which file would have that info or how far back it would go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back