Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab client cannot make/receive calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNJQuintin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2008
CA
Hi there. I am not sure what is wrong, so hoping that someone here is smarter than me :)

We have MiCollab, and I have 1 user using it at the moment (me). For some reason I cannot make or receive calls. I can from my desk phone, but from MiCollab, either on PC or Android, when I make a call, either internally or externally, the other end rings, and the other person answers, but I still just here ringing, until they hang up.

does that ring any bells with anyone?

We mostly use generic SIP phones, as most of our people did not like the MiCollab app, and those all work fine.

TIA!

Quintin

Hi SNJQuintin,

Could you tell me a little more about the setup? Is this a MiVB Express? Is there a MBG involved?

Yeah, sorry, should have included more info.

Yes, there is an MBG involved, and we have UCC licenses, the is MiVB (not express).

Thanks,

Q

I strongly believe you have some ports missing on the firewall. You care not receiving the 200 OK once the other end has answered the call. Are you able to capture a PCAP of the call and advise what ports you have set on the fire wall? (No external IPs please).

There is no firewall between the MBG and the internet. The MiCollab server uses the MBG as a gateway....I do have a PCAP, I will extract the data for one of my calls, with IPs obfuscated...

Also, generic SIP phone works fine. And also, the issue is both internally and externally for the MiCollab client...so I don't think it is a firewall issue....

Thanks so much for your help with this.

Q

Here is one call from the "telephony" view in Wireshark:

"Start Time","Stop Time","Initial Speaker","From","To","Protocol","Duration","Packets","State","Comments"
"2022-04-08 10:20:57","2022-04-08 10:21:16","MBG.PUB.LIC.IP",""Q.Giesbrecht"<sip:1xxxxxxxxxx@MBG.PUB.LIC.IP:5060>","<sip:xxxxxxxxxx@prod-clients-xxx-xxxx-1.clients.trunking.host.sip.trunk>","SIP","00:00:19","8","COMPLETED","INVITE 200"

Here is the logs from Wireshark:

12005 47.508038 MBG.PUB.LIC.IP SIPTRUNK.PUB.LIC.IP SIP/SDP 1098 Request: INVITE sip:xxxxxxxxxx@prod-clients-xxx-xxxx-1.clients.trunking.host.sip.trunk:5060;transport=UDP |

Thanks again.

Q

I actually did some further testing, and EXTERNALLY, the app on my cell phone works. INTERNALLY, on both my office workstation, and my cell phone it does NOT work.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Quintin

will probably depend upon
what you have set on the deployment profile
whether its running internally with the TW flag set
what has been set internally for the dns ( name of the servers)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Yeah probably your internal DNS is pointing the softphone to the LAN interface on the MiCollab server where it needs to go to the WAN interface. Easiest solution would be to remove the internal DNS entry and just force all MiCollab traffic to use the WAN interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back