Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab 9.7 Incoming Call Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe King

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
GB
Hi
When a MiCollab clinet 9.7 PC or mobile receives an incoming external call the display show "unknown caller and the number" If the caller leaves a VM its from an unknown caller and not the callers number. If I add an alpha tag entry for the incoming number the name and number are displayed. How can stop the "unknown caller" being displayed. I have played around with the COS options but as yet had no luck.
Thanks

MiCollab is 9.7
MiVB is 10.2

What type of trunks? SIP, PRI, something else? Run a CCS trace on some test calls to ensure the carrier is actually sending calling name/number data. If so, then your issue is probably COS options but how to fix that will depend on the type of trunks.

And are you sure the MiVB is 10.2? The latest GA release is 10.1.

Hi
Thanks for replying-sorry yeah it is 10.1

I have Gamma SIP trunks. I have already run a CCS all I see come in is the 07xxxxxxxxx

when the a call comes in to a MiNet phone 6940, I just get the number

MiNet and MiCollab softphones have the same COS

Okay well if the carrier isn't sending you calling name data that would explain why none is being displayed, but being SIP trunks you might want to confirm that with a packet capture. As far as the voice mail, assuming you're using NuPoint voice mail, there's a couple of FCOS bits that need to be enabled in the mailbox's FCOS: 262 and 263.

When a MiCollab client 9.7 PC or mobile receives an incoming external call the display show "unknown caller and the number"

As per Lundah , unless the sip trunk provider is capable of sending a name - the mivb/micollab needs to get the name from somewhere else

If the caller leaves a VM its from an unknown caller and not the callers number.

As per lundah there are nupoint FCOS options to allow the voicemail to add the contact number if its available

If I add an alpha tag entry for the incoming number the name and number are displayed.

by adding the alpha tag you have provided a name source for the calling line id
- you could also add the details to active directory( LDAP) as a contact and link the mivb micollob to that so theyc an match the contact to the number

How can stop the "unknown caller" being displayed.

as stated the servers need a name source for the number

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hi
For reference what fixed this was adding FCOS bits to the users FCOS on NuPoint 170, 184, 250, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 280, 289

weird I know but it fixed my issue.

thanks for your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back