Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCC - Marquee - character limit in the editor

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
I have a customer that recently added another ACD agent, but unable to add to them to the marquee due to limited text space. I have opened a ticket with Mitel support and they said that it is a limit and suggested that we add an entry to the Mitel Voice. Apparently the MiCC design team won't adjust this without justification.
Please log into the following and cast a vote for this.

Back story:
The site had 7 ACD Agents.
The Marquee was set up to include the following:
Queue Service Level = , Calls Waiting =
Longest Waiting = , Agents Available =
This is listed it the editor as such:
<FONT style="Microsoft Sans Serif, 8.25pt" color="Black"></FONT><FONT style="Microsoft Sans Serif, 14pt" color="Yellow">Service Level = <Variable format='0;?;0'>ACD P-1234's Service Level</Variable> Calls Waiting = <Variable format='0;?;0'>ACD P-1234's Contacts Waiting</Variable></FONT>
<FONT style="Microsoft Sans Serif, 14pt" color="Yellow">Longest Waiting = <Variable>ACD P-1234's Longest Waiting<viewer type="prairieFyre.BAL.MessageDefinition.TimeInStateVarViewer, ContactCenterClient" /></Variable> Agents Available = <Variable format='0;?;0'>ACD P-1234's Agents Available</Variable></FONT>

Agent name, (Agent State) = Calls handled / ACD Count / ACD Time / Average Handled
Each agent is listed in the editor as such:
<FONT style="Microsoft Sans Serif, 14pt" color="Yellow">Agent Name(<Variable>Agent's Available State<viewer type="prairieFyre.BAL.MessageDefinition.AvailableStateVariableViewer, ContactCenterClient" /></Variable>) = <Variable format='0;?;0'>Agent's ACD Count</Variable> / <Variable>Agent's ACD Time<viewer type="prairieFyre.BAL.MessageDefinition.TimeInStateVarViewer, ContactCenterClient" /></Variable> / <Variable format='c'>Agent's Average Handled</Variable></FONT>

Anyhow, we attempted to add an 8th agent.
Having the above Queue info and each agent listed as indicated, we simply ran out of space on the editor. I think the limit is 4500 characters and I'm seeing the combined as 4601 characters.

To accommodate this, I separated the Queue info from the Agent info. This is a suitable work-around, but they are adding two more agents soon.
The Agents alone is 4003 characters as it is currently - with each line at about 500 characters, we will not be able to add any new agents to the list unless we add them to another Marqee.

So, please help out and go to the link listed above and vote for the solution.

good luck expecting any form of response from user voice .
ill add my vote but dont hold your breath

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Mitel support suggested adding additional messages in the one Marquee.
1. right click on the marquee, and configure it.
2. click add a message - give it a name - "marquee 2" (name is not displayed anywhere).
3. add the variables as needed - replicate what they want for the new users.
4. click into the new marquee - the right side will be blank.
5. add the new text to the right side.

Now the single marquee will flash from one screen to the next. Each one only showing what is needed from each user.

Annoyed that the expert from support didn't suggest this 2 months ago when I opened the ticket.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back