Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCC Business 9.2 IVR Rules and Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe King

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
GB
Hi

As ever the documentation is poor at best. I need different DNIS to play different closed greetings.

How would I do this with rules and variables?

If you want to use rules and variables:

- Add your prompts (eg. message1.wav, message2.wav)

- Create a new variable with default options called 'Prompt'
- We will use this to store the prompt name in the rule

- Add a rule for each DNIS or group of DNIS you want to match.
- For each rule, on the variable pane, set the 'Prompt' variable to the wav file you want to play (eg. message1.wav)

You may always want one DNIS to play one prompt

But, you may want several DNIS to play the same message
You can have a seperate rule for each DNIS or have a group of DNIS's OR'd together to play the one prompt
By adding multiple DNIS entries to the rule, selecting the first, then select the last using shift-click, then clicking on 'group or'
Then when any of these DNIS's are dialled, the defined prompt in the variable pane will be played

- In the workflow, you will have a schedule to determine your opening / closed times or dates.
For the out of hours / closed branch, drag over the rules tool from the toolbox
Right click and configure your rules option
Add all the routing rules
Under the success branch of the rule check, drag over a play tool and select 'add a variable to a prompt'
Selecting the 'prompt' variable that you set earlier

An incoming call reaching this rule check branch will check the DNIS against the rules. If the DNIS is found, the variable 'prompt' is set and used in the play tool.

I made a mistake in the above information.

You should create a new variable called 'prompt' with a 'VARIABLE TYPE' of 'PromptEntity'.
Do not create the variable with default options.

That way, when you come to add the rule and add the prompt variable to the variable pane, it will list the available prompts for you.

Maybe I am missing something but if you are using Messaging or IVR ports, just add the DNIS option to the workflow. From there enter each DNIS you want and under that place the menu/prompt you want to have played.
Then make sure you have your "catch all" for numbers that don't match under No Match.

You can also use Different Hunt groups from your controller that contain the same ports... Then on your Workflow just add the Hunt Group condition for each group to add a different menu/prompt.

he might have suggested rules as a way of sharing one subroutine with a large number of dnis

we have a customer that uses this for 300 + stores
add rules based on dnis to set some variables
use the variables on a common subroutine
that way all dnis go to same ivr hunt and there is one subroutine for them all

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Interesting. Last time I did with a large list, I know you used to be able to access a spreadsheet for things like a DNIS variable with messaging ports but looks like they might have done away with that.
Was never a big fan of the rules processing but might be the way to go now.

Thanks for all your replies. Set some variables and added to rules. Created a subroutine with the rules, works a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back