Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICB BUI is too slow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperen

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2005
TR

Hi everyone,

I have one installed MICB card. It is work?ng well.But when i try to create a conference using browser, it is too slow.I have to wait more than 45 seconds to open any page.I couldn't find any settings about this.(example:port speed). Do you have any idea or suggestion?

Thanks for your helps....

and what is your interface network, i haven't ran into that problem at all..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

My MICB release is 3.0. My PABX is 25.40B. MICB has an IP adress and i am using this IP adress to access card. I am writing this IP to the browser and i hit enter. I can access the card but it is very slow.This is the reply times from MICB cards.

Pinging 146.42.128.5 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 146.42.128.5: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=254
Reply from 146.42.128.5: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=254
Reply from 146.42.128.5: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=254

I hope i could answer to your question John Poole....

Check with your network people and make sure that the interface is running clean with no error. Have them trace the path for poor performance. Check the routing to mask and gate. Also check physical connection. This is more of a network issue to resolve. The MICB cards are a real pain but this one can not be blamed on them.

Check to make sure both the card and the switch port are set to the same speed and duplex settings. I would think that both should be set to auto. If they are mismatched you will have issues. You should also connect directly to the card via a cross-over cable. Again, pay attention to the speed and duplex settings. This will tell you with more certainty if you have a network issue. If you still have the problem, try a second laptop to confirm that it is not your machine. If problem still persists, try changing the transceiver. If you still have the problem, I would think all there is left is to look for a firmware upgrade or card replacement. If you still have a problem, just quit and find a new place to work.......

Hope this helps
Rob

that's a bad network if i ever pinged one.. even if your ruinning conjested, the fact that the reply time changes by a factor of 3 on such a small package would slow down any web page, because the bui doesn;t add cookies to your pc the file size is large and does a refresh from the far end.. if a 32 bit file can vary from a factor of 2 to a factor of 6... you've got a major network problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I wouldn't worry about the network ping times. I see the same on our network. We had similar problems caused by Internet Explorer. After we cleared the cache and deleted files the problem was fixed.

In IE Tools=>Internet Options and click Delete Files and Clear History. We use IE 6 SP2 and MICB Rel. 3.02.07

Succes,
Danny

I have had this happen to me on a 4.0 MICB also; teekow's recommendation was the fix for it. Have a star teekow!!

I have run into problems like this in the past and found it was a auto-negotiate issue. Nortel gear likes to auto-negotiate while some customers, as a rule, hard set all swith ports in their network. With this you'll get speed and duplex mismatches as teekow discriped.

teekow was right. I couldn't get it to work so I quit and found a new place to work.

:)

Thanks for your replies. I connected to card directly by using cross cable. And it was very fast. So the problem is about network. I deleted my history and clear all cookies from Internet Explorer.It is faster than before but still slow. I will speak with my network guys on monday.
Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back