Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICB 2.09 card restart problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2004
US
I have MICB Release 2.09 audio conference card. I am getting XMI 001 & XMI 002 messages periodcally. I resatred card but it's not solving my problem. When I did error message in MICB telenet I am getting following "0001:SW INIT 000 ln0080 ch00 01-01 00:00:10:838 RESET: reason is BUS_ERROR, pc=20133684, ssp=209b1730, sr=2700" Please, help me.

Thanks,
Ajay

hi
sorry for my english

what is your problem with your micb card ?

why do you restart micb card ?

are you sure xmi error is make by micb card ?

Thanks for reply. Yes, I am sure that XMI messages is for MICB card because it's giveing me the message XMI 20 1 8 (20 1 8 is the slot where my MICB card is located). Whenever I am getting XMI 001 message I am not able to dial TUI or any other conference numbers. I know I am not able to dial conference number because I don't have booked conference. After 2 minutes I am getting XMI 002 message and then card works fine. When I get XMI 001 message, I stat 20 1 8 card and all the 32 ports are IDLE. Even I changed the card slot from 20 1 8 to 36 0 0 but it's same thing.

Thanks,
Ajay

do you have change patches or software on your pabx recently ?

do you have upgrade micb sofware ?

i had problem (reset micb every hour) who resolved with upgrade micb software

No, we have not changed any patches or software in PBX But year ago we moved this MICB card to our another Option 11C PBX (Release 25.30) and then we decide to put back MICB card back to the Option-81C Release 24). Right now we have MICB release 2.09. Do you think upgrading MICB 2.09 to 2.11 will solve the problem ?

Thanks,
Ajay

the upgrade will help but you could have a bad card as well, that would be my 1st attempt.. no one need to apologize for lack of english as a 1st lang. i don't think i would even attempt to post here in french (i can't even spell english)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Also one more thing we changed recently. Before if people wants to access BUI from outside our LAN they have to long on to our internal LAN but we changed. Now, to access BUI people don't need to logon to our internal LAN. We assigened one external IP address and that IP address forwared to internal IP address which we assigned for MICB. Do you think because of that MICB restarting itself ?

Thanks,
Ajay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back