Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mic Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postfrog

Technical User
Oct 20, 2004
US
Hey, I have a Dell 8300 desktop. I'm running XP , sp 1. The sound card is SoundMAX I believe. Anyways, I've had this issue since I've owned the pc (bout 1 year). Using a mic, things record fine (sometimes with a bit of static) if I record them locally, with a program like Sound Recorder or something. But any p2p app I've tried using my mic with, something weird happens. My voice is distorted, I sound like some cross between the incarnation of satan and a lion. I've tried using it with Ventrilo, Msn, Yahoo... Nothing. It's the same thing anytime I try it. Just wondering if anyone might have a clue as to what the problem might be. If you need any more information just let me know.

Look to all the software that comes with the sound card(device). Is there a mixer that controls the volume\tone\balance etc. maybe some reverb or 3D effects are running on the channel being used by the instant messenger progs.

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back