Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGCP GW won’t register to CCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrorMagnet

Technical User
Mar 21, 2006
NO
My new Cisco 2811 configured as MGCP GW won’t register to CCM, and there’s no IP-address for it showing up in my CCMAdmin. In the Cisco 2811 IOS-konfig, I’ve set the following:

ccm-manager mgcp
ccm-manager config server 172.20.1.2
ccm-manager config

Have no name resolution by DNS, and have therefore done as told in Help: “If you are using the host name as it is configured on the IOS gateway, the name that you enter here must match exactly”. Even though PING goes OK from CCM-server to Cisco 2811 Router, there still seems to be no higher level contact between CCM and the 2811.

Q1: What could be wrong?

Q2: How should CCM actually be able to find this IOS-configured hostname “LAB001”, when there’s no DNS involved?

Its the job of the router to establish contact with CM, not the other way around, so DNS is not necessary. You are absolutely right, the name must match exactly. I don't see a "ccm-manager call-agent 172.20.1.2" in your config. Try that.

John Lever
Telecommunications
Richland School District Two

Add these 2 commands and let us know. what happens.

mgcp
mgcp call-agent 172.20.1.2 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

Thanks pndscm for catching my typo.

John Lever
Telecommunications
Richland School District Two

Thanks to both of you, pndscm and VoIPGuyNSC. Will check out this On-Site tomorrow, i.e. approx 13UTC. Let you know.

Problem solved. (Or at least one step further) I added those two lines suggested by "pndscm", but also found signs in Application Log indicating a mismatch between MGCP Domain Name in CCMAdmin and Domain Name in IOS. (Hostname-part was OK, but Domain-part misspelled) Instantaneus after correcting that, there was some text flow through Router console indicating some sort of activity. After that several lines had been added to IOS, (marked "A:" here):

ccm-manager mgcp
A: ccm-manager music-on-hold
ccm-manager config server 172.20.1.2
ccm-manager config
!
mgcp
mgcp call-agent 172.20.1.2 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1
A: mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band
A: mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify
A: mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse
A: mgcp package-capability rtp-package
A: no mgcp package-capability res-package
A: mgcp package-capability sst-package
A: no mgcp package-capability fxr-package
A: mgcp package-capability pre-package
A: no mgcp timer receive-rtcp
A: mgcp sdp simple
A: mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static
A: mgcp profile default

IP-adress now shows up in CCMAdmin, but status is "Not Registered". Could this be caused by that User Side QSIG-interface on connected PBX not are completely configured yet? (Don't really expect an answer to this, you have helped me along good)

Yes until at least one MGCP configured gateway is up (controller) the router will not register with ccm.

Try and put the interface in loopback and you'll see it re gister if your config is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back