Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGCP Gateway problem after upgrade from 3.3 to 4.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
I have a 1751V MGCP Gateway with an FXO interface that was working OK before the upgrade from 3.3(5) to 4.1(3). I am happy my route patterns etc are correct as I can see the call attempt get to the router but there is some sort of error and I get busy tone on the IP phone.
If the PSTN cable is connected to the FXO port the busy tone is generated almost immediately, if the cable is not connected then there is a pause as the gateway tries to open the line and then times out (green LED comes on for a few seconds and then goes off). If I re-connect the cable just after dialing the call completes?
I have done some debugging but I am not sure about the MGCP messages I am seeing.

Andy

Take a look at the Matrix for cisco callmanager. Chances are you need to upgrade the code on the router.

Look at
Scroll down to IOS Gateway under 4.1.3. I think you should be running 12.3(8)T. My guess is you will have to upgrade to
a code around 12.3(8)Tx since their have been a few DF.

Stay cool; it’s not over yet!

No upgrade was needed. After pi$$ing around for a few hours I decided to dump to the config of the router to a text file, write erase the router and start again. Put the config back in and low and behold it started working.....

Slightly weird as checking the config saved to the new config they are the same. I can only assume the router must store some MGCP stuff outside of the config? Seems unlikely but that is all I can think of at the moment as the configs are the same.

Code is 12.3(14)T2 Advanced IP Services (same before and same after).

Andy
Andy

I have had an occasion where we had to reload the MGCP.
no MGCP
MGCP
and this resolved an MGCP issue.
May have been easier than reloading the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back