Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGC new loadware install

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadi2008

Technical User
Jun 23, 2007
LB
I downloaded from espl site new loadware for call server, signaling server and mgc cards.

1) Shall i install Callserver patches before MGC loadware upgrade??

2) For mgc cards there are 7 new loadwares:

MGCCAD38 SUBMITTED OBS MGCCAH17 MGC: Release 5.0 MGCCAD38
MGCMAA06 SUBMITTED OBS MGCMAA07 MGC: MSP loadware - MR10
MGCAAA04 SUBMITTED OBS MGCAAA05 MGC: APP loadware - upgrades gold CSP to MGCCAD25
MGCFAA12 SUBMITTED OBS MGCFAA13 MGC: FPGA loadware - includes cable detection
MGCBAD27 SUBMITTED OBS MGCBAH09 MGC: BootRom version MGCBAD27.
DSP1AA07 SUBMITTED OBS DSP1AA10 MGC: DSP1 loadware - MR9+ for VoIP DSP DBs
DSP2AA07 SUBMITTED OBS DSP2AA12 MGC: DSP2 loadware - MR9+ for VoIP DSP DBs

Is there any procedure on how to install them?
Do i use Element manager?? do i need to remove (dout old loadwares??)
in Element manager you go to loadware Peps, browse all 7 patches at once and click on Load and Activate???
Do i apply them all in once?? or one by one??

Is there any NTP which can help? Ip line fundamentals don't talk about MGC only VGMC

I would NOT install MGCCAH17. There is a known issue with that loadware that causes the MGC's to re-boot several times a day. I updated 2 sites with that version and all hell broke loose. We got ETAS involved and I had to put a patch on the MGC cards ( via PDT )and go back to the older release of LW. There is a beta version MGCCAH19 that I have ( not sure if it has been released yet or not ). I am in no hurry to install as the two sites are stable now.

I did install them via EM ( use level II password ). Yes, click on them and add them and load and install. Once on the call server, I had to login into the switch and go to LD 143 MGCUG ALL. The CS will will re-boot each MGC card one at a time as it updates them. It takes a while to load the patch's on the CS, this is normal.

I would also install the CS patch's before the MGC ones. This can also be done from Element Manager or LD 143 ( MDP REFRESH or INSTALL ).

Actually ... AH19 MGC patch should be GA as of 9-15-08.

It is done with beta testing and soaking.

Try to search around for it. We are actually putting it at our site because we are on AH17 and we are getting the MGC phantom reboots. Wish us luck on the new patch.

Hi

The site is stable.We are doing the patches installation as a routine maintenance.
From what i heard I will not install MGCCAH17 right now but what about the other 6 MGC loadwares:
MGCMAA07
MGCAAA05
MGCFAA13
MGCBAH09
DSP1AA10
DSP2AA12
Do we install them?? or any known issues with these patches also?

Regards

Hi
I accessed espl site and in fact MGCCAH19 is GA do you recommend to install it or shall we wait maybe there are surprises :)

Hello again. Unfortunately I don't have info on the other 6 MGC loadwares. I also cannot tell you if it would be safe enough to install AH19 as we are planning to do so in a few days.

AH19 is supposed to fix the MGC reset issue, but our issue may also be different. I wish I could offer you more help.

Good luck on your upgrades!

Anyone else install AH19 yet??

I am waiting a couple more weeks before I install AH19. If the site is stable, I suggest you do the same. ;)

I installed AH19 on tuesday and have had no problems. Install your CS deplist first, I installed MGC loadware in LD143. use the UPGMG X X (loop shelf), took about 7min per card.

jswainnortel,

What type of system did you install this on (CS1000E HA or SA)?

I read a bulletin last night that says there is an issues with one of the patches and you need to either split the cores first or remove a patch first, then reload that patch after the loadware update has been completed on a dual core system. I am sceduled to do my system on Friday.

Thanks in advance.

how do i install loadware please tell me the steps involved

Recommenced you must install MGCCAH19(stable) loadware on MGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back