Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGC loadware Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrizzard

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2003
US
I have access to ESPL and I am looking to update my MGCs. I ran the loadware compare on the site , but I am still not sure what I need to download.This is what the loadware compare spit out...

Code:
On Site File Id	Status	Category	Current GEN/RELEASED	Title

MGCCAM03	SUBMITTED	OBS	MGCCAP02	MGCCAM03 for release 5.0 and 5.5 (MGCCAM02 + MPLR27579)
MGCMAA07	SUBMITTED	OBS	MGCMAB01	MR10 Patch firmware to fix memory leak problem on Tones and Conference MSP
MGCAAA05	SUBMITTED	OBS	MGCAAA08	MGC: APP loadware - upgrades gold CSP to MGCCAD41
MGCFAA14	SUBMITTED	OBS	MGCFAA16	MGC FPGA version AA14
MGCBAH09	SUBMITTED	OBS	MGCBAP01	MGC: BootRom version MGCBAH09 (for Rls 5.0 and 5.5)
DSP1AA10	SUBMITTED	OBS	DSP1AB03	DSP1AA10: MR 12 Mindspeed loadware for DSP High density daughter board.
DSP2AA12	SUBMITTED	OBS	DSP2AB03	DSP2AA12: MR 12 Mindspeed loadware for DSP low density DB

I also have a TDMI update but there is one listing there, pretty easy.

Any help on this would be appreciated :)

well it looks like yours are OBS (obsolete) and the new ones are on he right hand side
MGCCAP02
MGCMAB01
MGCAAA08
MGCFAA16
MGCBAP01
DSP1AB03
DSP2AB03

Ok so I would need to download all of the loadwares it lists...just making sure because I was under the assumption it would be one file/etc.

Thanks!

you might have to remove some from your existing list in EM, you cannot have more than 10 files, so you would remove a bunch (from the current MGC DSP files) first before you add them via EM.

One more question, I am actually updating my entire system (CS, 2 SS (1 1100 and 1 CPPM), and the MGCs). Is there a preferred order or method for updating?

since most of them need a reboot after the patches anyways..... not really, but usually you can go with what you have there

Call Server (probably special instructions like INI or Reload), Sig Server (maybe reload, check special instructions), MGCs (i think it reboots on its own) then Phones (firmware).....

Be carefull using the latest Mindspeed AB03 loadware for the DSP's. Especially if you use faxes between chassis or over VTRK's.
We had to revert to AB01 to solve certain issues with Super G3 faxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back