Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGC failed to register CPPM CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

subx

Technical User
Mar 10, 2004
DE

i had a CS1000E system running fine after an upgrade from 4.5. Everything runs perfectly till to the moment customer wants to have new t-lan and e-lan ip adresses. I have changed all adresses and i have now a problem with mgc.
ip adresses changed with mgcsetup to the new value. After rebooting mgc the card is registered for 10 seconds with cppm cs an then it rebbots again and the old ip adresses are active again. Mgc could not register anymore. Any ideas?????

I had similar to this problem (E002) and the issue was with the auto negotiate parameter. Try to disable the auto negotiate option which will default it to 100Mbps full duplex.

What did you do to change the IP addresses? DID you telnet into card and Clear MGC? then reboot and start as a fresh install?

Did you change the ELAN IP address in LD 97 for the Superloop?

Did you change ELNK active?

Elnk was changed. Superloop (IPR1) ld 97 was also changed.
I´ve did telenet to MGC and only changed ip adresses without clearing MGC. What is the command to clear MGC?

It is your mgcdb.xml in the pdt, that is wrong. Rename the mgcdb.xml to ex. oldmgcdb.xml, and then change the mgc via mgcsetup. Dont you have a sig server, this is the one who makes these files?

DKL22,

this was exactly my problem. After renaming the mgcdb.xml
you have to configure the IPMG in the element manager.
After submitting in em the new mgcdb.xml will be generated.
Then you have to change the parameters with mgcsetup and after reboot of mgc everything works.

Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back