Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGC Cannot Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguy758

Technical User
Nov 3, 2005
US
hello we are doing a new install of a cs100e 5.5. We have the main chassis up and running and rying to get the media gateway going but when we put it on MGC displays F:00 on faceplate. This is what we see from console:

Found device : INTEL 82365SL

Engcode: REL -01
ELAN mac address is: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
TLAN mac address is: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
RESET reason: unknow.<-------------------I did a reboot from the console.
Daughter board 1: NTDW62AAE5 R01 00:1e:ca:fc:34:f9.
Daughter board 2: NOT INSTALLED.
FPGA VERSION: AA12

Power up self test passed

VxWorks System Boot
Copyright 1984-2005 Wind River Systems, Inc.

CPU: Chagall
Version: VxWorks5.5.1
Bootcode version: mgcbad26
Creation date: May 22 2007, 21:31:29

MAC address not valid! Can't boot!

This is the second MGC we have tried with same error, any resolution for this?

Thanx

not one i've seen.. i would take that one to nortel

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Silly Question, what is the part number of the card you are using. The F:00 is what I would expect to see on a MC32 card not a VGMC.

Dulfo666 it is an MGC (Media Gateway Controller), look at the boot sequence (DSP Daughter cards).

Any way does it just go round and round in an Init loop or can you get in a "Control LDB" after boot then the pdt password. If so you could try a "mgcIPClear" followed by a "diskFormat" then reboot. But I must say I have not seen the funky mac address problem before.

Remove the DSP daughter card while you are working on the problem, I have had one faulty which was causing multiple restarts of the MGC.

All would see was something like VXWorksBoot> it did not ask for a login. We replaced the MGC and will be sending the other back. Thanks for the help.

Look at the boot up..ELAN and TLAN mac:ff:ff:ff:ff is the problem.

There was a Product bulletin on the some of the earlier MGC's and they would do what you describe. They had to be replaced from Nortel. Perhaps you got one of the older ones. What is the part number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back