Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGC and CPPM recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

teekow

Vendor
Nov 23, 2003
US
I saw bulletin# 2008009015, Rev 3 which deals with a hardware recall based on serial#s.......does anyone know of a way to get the serial#s from a command line on each card? The only other way that I can tell is to physically take the card out and read the number.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Rob

Rob-
Is there a way that you can send me this bulletin? We actually have CPPMs and MGCs(release 3)in a newly installed CS1000E 5.0 system and I am curious what the recall pertains to ... we have MGC resets that seem to be due to loss of TCP heartbeat - so maybe it is TCP stack related?
Thank you very much for posting about this.
Also, when did this recall come out? It looks like a bulletin for the future of 9-15-2008 based on the text above.

This recall is only because unapproved capacitors were used in the making of the board. No failures have been discovered because of this. Just a precaution by Nortel because the life span of the card/part is unknown.

No need to panic. There are only a 1028 cards on this list.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

My correction 897 cards as I was looking at the old list. be sure to get revision 3.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Okay sounds like it is not an issue here then. I think I will still check our board serial numbers.
Thank you for posting the info - only I don't have access because I don't have the proper credentials. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back