Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mgate config 1002 rp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shleets

Vendor
Feb 9, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a 1002 rp with 40 channels. I have to mgate cards 1 in loop 4 and 1 in loop 112. Is it a valid config by nortel to have 20 ports cinfiged between the 2 cards or do you have to fill up all 32 ports on one and go to the next.

I am experiecing a problem where a user logs into their mail box and then go to put in a password and the dtmf gets locked up like your pressing a digit and then after a couple of minutes it releases.

I bug 4005's aud 17,18,19,31,32 and tfs501 and xmi000 xpec errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

why are you splitting the ports?
each mgate has 32 channel and should be filled out before going to the next mgate if you have more than 32 ports.

as for dtmf, is this for all user or just user going across network group?

I would start with reprogramming the mgate and cp to see if that fixes your problem...there's also a patch on the pbx that address this problem. make sure your deplist is up to date and since you're a vendor...you should have access to the nortel mpl and search for the patch associated with the alarms...i would post the patch info but don't have patch access to nortel

hey thanks for the reply!!

The dtmf is a problem for all users but very sporadic. I do have all the appplicable patches in service along with the one that is for this issue. The channels are split because if they were to lose an mgate card or controller or whatever they would have 20 channels to fallback on instead of 8 channels if the lost the 32 port board.

usually when the 1st mgate fails, all ports stop working. the ntp is a littel misleading but the correct way to build out the mgate is to fill it out before going on to the next....cp dtr/grb has more info as well the the trusty GK course material, has it all layed out step by step for 48/64 and 96 ports.

This is a mpb 96 board and documentation talks about the mpb 16 board to fill out the sti links before moving to the next but not on the mpb 96 board. I am just trying to figure out if this is a supported config from Nortel.

sorry to say, but there's no mpb96 board.

Each CP can have up to 2 MPB16-4 board which gives you 96 MPU and requires 3 MGATE cards. Each MPB16-4 board has 2 built in MPC-8 cards and up to 4 optional MPC-8 card in the "expansion" slot for a total of 48 MPU per MPB16-4.

Yes there is what version of callpilot are you referring to!!

no i haven't read anything about a 96 port mgate, and don't skip ports, not designed ot work that way. doubt if it's causing you dtmf intergration problem, that sounds more like a bad card

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

All CP since release 1.0 used the same MPB16-4 board, only difference being the vintage of the board.

NTRH20AA 1.0
NTRH20AB 1.05D,F,G and H
NTRH20BA is current for 2.0 and up

if you are having any issues, the configuration needs to be correct first, then and only then can you begin to troubleshoot any other issues

very well spoken, fix what you know is wronge then test

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The mpb 96 is the board in the callpilot not the mgate.

MPB boards (for tower and rackmount servers only)
The CallPilot server is equipped with one of the following types of MPB
boards:
?? MPB16-4 boards
DSPs are provided on the MPB16-4 board in the form of two integrated
MPCs and up to four optional MPC-8 cards. (For more information about
MPC-8 cards, see “MPC-8 cards” below.)
?? MPB96 boards
DSPs are provided on the MPB96 board in the form of 12 integrated
MPCs. MPC-8 cards are not required on the MPB96 board.
Each tower or rackmount CallPilot server ships with at least one MPB16-4
or MPB96 board.

This info was taken out of the callpilot 4.0 install and config ntp for the m1

So thats my question the config your saying is wrong.

and from the CP 4.0 installation, part 5 server maint and diag...only 703T server is referred to when utilizing a mpb96 and you have a 1002rp

like phonz and johnpoole have said, correct the config and retest

Guys,

We are getting away from the original question. What would it matter what type of MPB board that you have, the MGate card hold the switch ports. Until someone can say different, the supported config is the first 32 ports go on the first mgate, remainder would go on the other. The when you run config wizard, you are telling the CP Server, what ports are where...

Anyone know what would cause SLEE call transfer errors on a 1002rp? The call gets disconnected. The DSP's were just flashed last week and we have the latest Dep List (as of today). Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back