Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MF 1.8 migration to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCDave03

MIS
Mar 13, 2003
US
I have a simple question about migrating to XP from 1.8. I know that the initial XP box needs to have the same farm name as the 1.8 farm but should I join the initial XP box to the existing farm or do I tell the install program to generate a new farm?

We have tried to start a new farm initially but the 1.8 farm cannot see the new XP server even though it on the same subnet as the ICA gateway.

Any thoughts or documentation on this would be appreciated.

Try going into the CMC (Citrix Management Console). Right click on the Citrix Farm Name, go to properties. Select Inoperability, and select it to work with Metaframe 1.8 servers.

We haven't done our migration yet, but hopefully, this helps.

thank you for responding. the new server is already setup for interoperability but the new XP server cannot see the other 1.8 servers in the farm and they cannot see the new XP server.

To answer one of your questions, you did the right thing by creating a new farm for the XP server for a Mixed Mode.

Please clarify what you mean when one farm cannot see the other. If you use Program Neighboorhood and browse to "Farmname", can you see apps in both farms? Any chance that your clients use the web client to connect to NFuse?

I guess what I mean is: the new server does not show up in the farm server list and I don't know why.

Is one of your 1.8 servers setup to always become browse master? That could cause issues with the XP server, which will assume that it is the browse master.

Hope this helps

I'll check into that and post back - thanks!

we did that and I think that we are 'technically' interacting with the 1.8 farm but not in a way that we expected. Thw new XP server never shows up in Publication Manager but is only visible in the CMC. And the 1.8 servers are also not visible in the CMC but can be seen when I run published app mgr. i think we're ok now that i see the boundaries here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back