Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MEW on IP phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

markies

Technical User
Jan 26, 2004
NL
Hello,

I have BC-11 and onebox 2.0.
On our normal phones it is possible to program a key MEW. This will light up when there is a message in th eonebox.

How to do on a IP phone. I have IP 4222 and IP 4225 phones. These are generic numbers and I don's see how to do this.

If I dialed the number of the onebox I hear if there are messages or not. But there is no indication on the phone itself.

Thank you.

I may be wrong but I think you will get this feature on BC12.2.
If i am right,you will have to be patient.

Experience it, there is no substitute.

According to Alex there is a preprogrammed fixed mew-key (not changeable) on both phones 4422 and 4425.

I saw the key on 4425 but it doesn't light up when there is a message.

I 'm agreed with jazaya. as I REMEMBER THIS FEATURE WILL BE WORKED AT BC12.2.

It should work as default on all BC12(and BC11 i guess)
I have just tested again on BC12 SP6 with IVM .On 3413 you get "Message waiting " on screen and MEW Led(5th key up) lights permanently.On 4425 phone exactly the same except you also get small envelop symbol on display as well.On 4422 MEW LED (3 up on right hand row)and "Message waiting "on display.
Susip shows MEW ACT on all 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back