Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

method 'sheets' of object '_Global" failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

craiogram

MIS
Feb 20, 2004
US
I have a spreadsheet that opens to a form which has buttons on it (a dashboard).

The buttons have the following logic:
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Worksheets("Issue Tracking Log").Select
UserForm5_dash.Hide
End Sub

Private Sub CommandButton5_Click()
Worksheets("Open Due in Future").Select
UserForm5_dash.Hide
End Sub

It's pretty straight forward. It's just supposed to bring you to a worksheet. This works fine when I have the excel file locally. I then protect and share it and put it on the share drive. It then gets opened via a wiki site link and therefore opens in the browser. But then these very same buttons yeild the error: method 'sheets' of object '_Global" failed

Is there something I'm not aware of that somebody is aware of?

What happens when you replace this:
Worksheets("Open Due in Future").Select
with this ?
Application.Worksheets("Open Due in Future").Select

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

It did not work.
Now I get the error message of:
Run-time error '1004':
Method 'Worksheets' of object '_Application' failed

It works fine if I open excel by itself but in this case it is being opened via the IE browswer and gives me the message. I've tested them side by side. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

very big NOTE: When excel opens the form opens and any button works the 1st time and takes you to the designated worksheet. But then you click on a button I put on each worksheet that should bring up the form again and then none of the buttons work to navigate you to another worksheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back