Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe XP FR3

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdde

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
ES
When can I get Metaframe XP FR3?? I think I need it to install Metaframe XP in a Windows 2003 Server.
Thanks

It's not available yet, except as a technical preview.

I posted the e-mail here a little while back, which gave a location for you to sign up for a copy - but I think it only works with .NET RC1, at least, that's all I've tested it with so far.

Windows 2003 Server is still at RC level too - it would appear to the outside world that Citrix are waiting for Microsoft to release it before they can release FR3. I'm going to take a look at it when I get a moment (there's the Windows 2000 SP4 Beta to test first!).

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

I would like any version of MF FR3, evaluation, RC, etc. It is very important.
Is there any link where I can download it??

If you have Subscription Advantage, you can log onto your MyCitrix page and download the 90-day preview.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

It also works with Windows 2000 server. You have to have Subscription Advantage to download it.

They're not waiting for the final release of (now called) 2003 server, they're going to release it for 2000 server somewhat soon. NFuse 1.8 is nice also.

SeanFlynn

I was able to get feature release 2 to install on XP server. I downloaded it from Citrix's knowledgebase site. They claim that you can only use it to upgrade to service pack 2, but I think all they did was mess with the path to one of the msi files. I copied one msi to the root directory, and it installed after that. I'm just having trouble with one of the licenses, so I can't say for sure if it will actually work. I'm not using it for anything but training, so I hope I don't get banned or piss anyone off for talking about ripped / hacked software. I complains at the end of the install, but from what I can tell, it does work as is. Unless the error I'm getting isn't caused by my citrix server being unlicensed. I get a Transport Driver Error, when I try to start an ICA session. My understanding is that if a server isn't licensed, no one can connect at all, so that's what I figured was going on. Other than the connections, everything else looks ok, I can publish applications, and do just about any other admin task, but I can't get the most important license to work. Do they still offer the trail version by chance??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back