Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MetaFrame XP, FR2, W2k SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DexX7

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
US
I am planning an upgrade from WTS 4.0 to Window 2000 Sp3 as well as from Meta Frame 1.8 to MetaFrame XP. What I the preferred order of installation in reference to w2k sp’s and MF FR’s/SP's? Any advice will be appreciated.

Don't know about order of installation but have been warned that w2ksp3 may affect printing - see MS technet article 328020.

We are running MetaFrame XP FR@ on W2K SP3 servers and it is not going so well, if your setup is running ok now you may want to hold off. Our servers now require reboot almost nightly because of memory leaks.

Install SP3 AFTER upgrading to FR2.

Otherwise the ICA passthrough client won't install during FR2 and the Client distribution wizard fails

Hi,
I found to succesfully install metaframe xp fr2 onto a win2k sp3 box i had to do the following.

download hotfix for mskb article q304229.
After installing sp3 run this hotfix its a hotfix for the ntvdm which leaks like a sieve with 16bit programs.
And also download the hotfix from citrix called fixfr2_en.exe.
Insert the fr2 cd and run the above file. This then launches the setup program as a 32bit app rather then a 16bit app which had problems.
After that everything was great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back