Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe XP and W2K SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilcresswell

Technical User
Nov 4, 2002
US
Hi All,

I have a problem with the installation of Metaframe XP on Windows 2000 Service Pack 3. (The well known issue)

I have downloaded the file fixfr2_en.exe an ran the install that way and it worked. My problem is I need to do an unattended install. The fix only allows you to do a manual install.

Does anyone know a way around this...

M$ has a patch that is supposed to fix the problem but it is a ring and pay to get, and i dont really want to.

Any Assistance appreciated.

Neil

If you install W2K with SP2 and then install MetaFrame XP and then apply SP3 to W2K, everything works just fine. You should be able to script this fairly easily.

I hope this isn't too much of a "That never happens to me" type answer, but I've standardised on FR2 for all W2k SP3 installations. Seems to work without a hitch. CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Let me explain further....

I have the unattended install going, and applying the fixfr2 transforms file...

Halfway through the install a message box is displayed with no title and no contents...all it has is an OK button.
Once i click this OK button, the install fails...

Talk about a descriptive message box ah...

N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back