Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe XP and PC Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrussier2675

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2002
FR
Hi,

I've a problem: on two of my Citrix Metaframe XP servers, I've installed PC Anywhere 10.5.

Since, ICA clients cannot auto-connect with crédentials entered in the ICA client parameters.

Each time, ICA client asks for credentials.

Please answer me if you already had this problem.

Thanks.

I would start by removing PCAnywhere 10.5! You should not need a software like that on Metaframe servers at all. I can't say for sure, but they are conflicting I would assume. What purpose do you need PCAnywhere on that machine?

Hi,

The reason to install PCAw is for installation or upgrade of softs. I find that installing a soft by terminal server or ICA connexion doesn't work very well.

I found that PCAnywhere 10.0 modify a logon registry key. And when I decided to upgrade to version 10.5 (uninstall of 10.0 and install of 10.5), the key "CtxGinaDLL = c:\winnt\system32\awgina.dll" must be modified to "GinaDLL = ctxgina.dll" (HKLM\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon\).

It seems to work now.

I BUILD my Citrix Servers via RDP. I add in RDP as soon as the machine loads the OS. It works fine and I have never had a issue with it as long as you understand how and when to use the "Change User /Install". Addind another suite of software that is trying to manipulate performance and screen settings is FAR more dangerous and I think everyone will agree, is strongly NOT recommended.

Hi,

Sometimes, I have error messages that I could see only by PCAnywhere.
I confirm that PCAnywhere is a complementary administration tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back