Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe User Cannot See Local Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism1

MIS
Sep 9, 2002
US

We have one user that cannot see his local drives during a metaframe session (local printers are fine).

We've checked the server user settings for local drive.

Other users are fine.

We are using the latest client software.

Any hints? Thanks.

Check the Citrix client settings. Once connected, pull up the client connection center and click the security button. Could have local drive access turned off there.

R.Sobelman

This was turned off and we set it back for access. I duplicated the issue on another pc and it still mapped the local drives but a message they could not be accessed came up.

This user has no locally mapped drives.

The drive mappings (e.g. v:=Client C$) will typically show in Windows Explorer and apps even if the security setting is set to no access.

It's late and I'm not sure based on your response whether you resolved the issue or are still having problems.

R.Sobelman

Agreed...its late to be dealing with this. Thanks for the time.

The user has no c$.

Have you checked the AD /User Manager settings, I.E run either User Mangler from the Citrix server, or AD Users and computers. There are settings in their too. There are also settings in the Citrix Connection Manager.

COuld it be the default shares on the PC are not creating ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back