Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MetaFrame Apps on the Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKoemis

Technical User
Mar 8, 2001
US
My published apps can be seen / accessed from my LAN, but not from the Internet. My web server runs on a separate box than my metaframe server. Please HELP....
Thanks
JK

I take it that your Citrix client possibly cannot locate your Citrix box. Do you use a reserved IP address space for your internal network (i.e. 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x)?

CitrixEng and Ruster,
I am not using nFuse, but using the old fashion by publishing my apps and put the ica and the html files into the web dir. I tried to install nFuse, but in my nFuse CDrom I cannot find the file I should install to my citrix server.

Ruster..., yes you're right, I use a 10.x.x.x ip schema on my internal net..

Thanks for your respons, and I still need your HELP

When you attempt to view the apps on the web, how are you doing it? I'm using IIS and have everything working alright now. I had an IP problem the other day.

What's the status at this time?

Can you get to the directory that the html files are at that you have generated? Did you use the wizard for creating the html files?

I'm now running into the exact problem. my citrix/nfuse/iis server is at 10.0.0.2 and my dsl router is at 209.98.x.x

From server, it is pointing at 10.0.0.1 to access the internet, which work fine for internet out going.

But when i try accessing apps through the internet through nfuse, it is getting to the web page fine but, it cannot locate the citrix server. This is the error message is get:

"Unable to contact the Citrix Server Browser. Either your network is not functional, or you need to configure an address under Servce Location, or the configured address is incorrect."

Have you set the altaddr on the Citrix server so that it has an appropriate return path for any requests? Does the Citrix server have multiple IP addresses? If you have multiple IP addresses the altaddr command can be used to establish which address to use.

Also verify that port 1494 TCP and port 1604 UDP are open for inbound and outbound traffic. Citrix can also use TCP ports 10000 and above for outbound traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back