Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe 1.8 BSOD with Lemark PS printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We are running Citrix Metaframe 1.8 with around 35 users. At any time the server will blue screen with STOP 0x50. The memory address is very similar every time and the driver that seems to be causing the issue is the Lexmark Postscript printer driver. PCL printing is fine. We use PS printing for colour printing to Optra SC1275 and Colour 1200 printers. We have tried the latest versions of the Lexmark drivers v4.90 (PCL6,PS3) and also v2.20 (PS2,PS3). Both with the same results.

Can anyone suggest the correct version of the drivers to use? Or perhaps a completely different solution? My next step is going to be to remove the PS printers and drivers to ensure this is actually the problem. (Much ear bending on it's way for no colour printing!!)

Thanks all.

I think you answered your own question. The printer drivers are causing this problem. Are these drivers supplied on the Windows 2000CD? Is so I would use them in favour of third-party drivers. Please see the excellent FAQ written by CitrixEngineer as this is the best source I have found for infomation re printing.

I am having the exact same problem with the Lexmark 1200.

Does anyone have a copy of that FAQ written by CitrixEngineer? It has since been removed.

Citrix hates some printer drivers, Hates them I tells ya! Look through the forum and you'll see this over and over and over. (Had this prob with HP5).

Do your users need high end graphics or near perfect prints? If not try using a compatable print driver not too sure about Lexmark kit but try a lesser spec printer driver (Hint: Ensure driver is compatable via local connection rather than a Network Connection or the Citrix Server). If it works Bobs your uncle, keep an eye on the Lemark site and once they update the driver try it.

If you get the right driver your print quality won't suffer too much and no one will ever know!

[elephant2] [elephant2] [elephant2]

P.S. For CitrixEngineer goto almost ANY citrix post and he / she (sorry Dude / dudet don't, know which you are!) will have a post in there. For example check out:

Automatic shutdown or logoff from PC after citrix logoff
By pmconseil

Visual Foxpro and Metaframe 1.8 for Win2k - Error 1104
By Jag500

can't install FR2
By Hieko

And thats just the 3 posts I tried - man one day!!! - then just click on his / her profile name and theres a list of white papers

P.S. For CitrixEngineer goto almost ANY citrix post and he / she (sorry Dude / dudet don't, know which you are!) will have a post in there. For example check out:

Automatic shutdown or logoff from PC after citrix logoff
By pmconseil

Visual Foxpro and Metaframe 1.8 for Win2k - Error 1104
By Jag500

can't install FR2
By Hieko

And thats just the 3 posts I tried - man one day!!! - then just click on his / her profile name and theres a list of white papers

[parrot]

I try to help as much as I can ;-)

The Powerpoint presentation has been pulled, but I've updated my FAQ (at last!) with a few new links.

Sad to say that some printer drivers just won't work with Terminal Server. Citrix have included a "Universal Printer Driver" in MetaFrame XP FR1 and 2, which is a great improvement.

Most printer drivers can be mapped using the wtsuprn.inf file. If you're using MetaFrame XP, use the CMC Printers node to do the mapping, since it will overwrite any changes you make to the *.inf file, if you do it the old-fashioned way.

There are third-party utilities around, but I've never used any of them.

Hope this is helpful

CE CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you to everyone who has responded you have given my some really good information.

Im looking for a standard metaframe printing procedure?
Can anyone help me?

Thanks (Waiting with baited breath) :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back