Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe 1.8 and XP e co-exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMW

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a single NT4 domain. I have Metaframe1.8 servers right now. I would like to upgrade them into XP e in the future. Can I add in a new XP e server for now and later on upgrade all my Metaframe servers to XP as well? Can Metaframe and XP co-exist?

Thanks,

BMW

I don't know for certain, but I don't see whay they wopuld not. Citrix Systems has a history of making their products "play nice" together, for example WinFrame and MetaFrame can co-exist with no problems...

Please post the results if you find out differently... - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

Yes, is the simple answer!

You may wish to integrate the first few XP servers in "mixed" mode, but my preference is to build a new farm and use XP natively.

Hope this helps!

I have designed and implemented a similar system, with an NT domain, one MetaFrame 1.8 Server and two XP servers.

The XP server farm was configured for interoperability mode to allow the server farm to operate with ICA Clients less than version 6. I also installed the recently released Service Pack, which fixed a number of errors.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back