Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messanger service alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

zercon

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
TH
Hi All
I use GroupShield Exchange Its alert message service if detect virus in message I would not like showes message service,who any idea how setting its.

Thank you.
zercon

zercon,
You say the message is coming from GroupShield for exchange, but this sounds just like the message that NetShield throws up, and I’ll bet it is identifying one of the files in you mail queue that is infected….. If you are running NetShield on that Exchange box, then that is where your pop-ups are coming from. Check Programs>Network Associates>Alert Manager Configuration and at the 'summary' tab you will see "Network Message" and "\\Local System". You can remove them here by highlighting "\\Local System" and clicking remove, or you can do it from the "Network" tab, same thing.

Thank chadrow .
I remove machine from summary tab and how i add new machine,Yes file in mail queue that is infected and Can not remove cause file sent out before.How can i knowed mail infect sent from where machine.

To add the machine you want the message to go to, you have to go to the “Network Message” tab and click on Add. You can add by either the network name (\\machinename) or you can browse to it.
As for the action taken when the infected mail is found in the queue, you set that on the properties of the consule, click on the shield icon in the sys tray, and click Properties. On the Actions tab I have mine set to “deny access to file” and that seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back