Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messaging TAB problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

msk69

MIS
May 29, 2020
PK
The Messaging TAB is disappeared when i load the AAM web page and click the "Administration" Tab. It shows only two Tab License and Maintenance. However messaging is working OK and i can access mailbox. But i cannot administer Messaging as the TAB is not available. The administration TAb was showing all three options before. I also restarted the messaging (on VM) but still the same problem.
Kindly help.

you probably are using an account with insufficient permissions

The same account/credentials was working fine. It happens twice and on both occasions i have to reinstall and restore the messaging (it is virtualization installations). Can somebody shed a light why messaging TAB goes like that? May be i missed some thing during the configurations??

Reinstalling the application resolve the issue. No workaround found for this problem.

That did not answer the question. Have you tried different browsers ? I have seen this time and time again where one browser will work fine and others will not. I have been doing this for a long time and have never heard of this unless it was a browser issue. Or the original install is corrupted in some way. Or you are running a snapshot on the VM.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Yes i used Microsoft edge, Chrome and I.E 11...didnt used Opera or safari....
Regards

Then it sounds like the install was corrupted.

I'm with Ken. Been working with AAM for years and multiple versions and I've never seen that before. Different browsers definitely work differently, and strangely sometimes, with the program. Sounds like your install was corrupt and it finally manifested with the issue you described. Glad your reinstall went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back