Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messaging server - ESNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechInter

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
CA
Hi,

I'm not familiar with the Messaging Server (ESNA) and my client wants to have a "record a call" feature with 3300 phone. The only information I found is this, but does not explain how to program it.

Press Telephone’s Record Button (at any time)

• Scenario: User presses the Record button to begin recording at any time during the conversation.

• PBX Feature required: Non-hold conference call from set

Description: While a conversation is in progress, the User presses a Record option on
his/her phone. This action initiates a conference call to the voice server, providing it with
the proper signalling so that the voice server begins recording the moment the voice port
responds.

Someone already made ??this feature ?

Thanks

The record button on the phone only works to the embedded voicemail from what I understand. The ESNA or what Mitel called the 6510 may have call recording features but I would imagine if you wanted to trigger it on a call by call basis you would need to use the ESNA desktop client to trigger it. Maybe someone who knows it better then me can correct me.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

LoopyLou, that's what I thought, but in the documentation of 6510 I see the "press telephone's record button", which intrigued me !!

Thanks for your help

It is definitely done by activating the Record Button via the UC desktop client.

There are quite a few nit picky details that I don't remember but I do remember it being quite difficult to configure and have it work.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back