Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

messages stuck in x.400 queue after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehartle

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2001
US
Originally, the setup was 6 5.5 servers in one Exchange site (different physical sites, though) all running on NT4. All mail comes into server1 and got delivered to the other 5.5 servers as needed but each server has it's own internet mail connector. In fact, under Connectors in 5.5 admin, there are 6 IMS, 6 cc:mail and 6 MS Mail.

Now we've got AD going and brought up the first Ex2k server into the 5.5 site following Q316886. All went well with replicating public folders and moving mailboxes from server1 to new 2k server. All users on server1 can receive and send. All mail for other users on other servers is not getting delivered and is sitting in an outbound x.400 queue (one queue for each server and they all say "remote delivery").

Also, all 7 servers are in the same 2000 routing group with the 2k server as master and all 5.5 servers as member. But I still have all 18 connectors. Don't think I need cc:mail or MS Mail connectors at all, they were just there when I inherited the network.

Any suggestions appreciated,
Earle

Well it seems to be an RPC failure. These NT4 BDC's have a dns domain specified to be the email domain and not the AD domain name. It can be fixed with proper lmhosts entries until the other servers are 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back