Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messages not Downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

carterj

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2006
US
Hello,

I am downloading messages from the Exchange server onto an Outlook client machine (POP3). There are over 1,000 messages but the pst has not reached its limit. The download stops at exactly the same spot every time (message 543). I have tried it four different times and the same thing happens. How can I isolate the message that makes it timeout, why is this happening?

Thank you...

If you can see the msg's that have downloaded, they are normally by date/time. Can you determine the last next to last or anything close to last? check date/time stamp.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

The last date and time of the message is always the same. 3 April 05. This message is the last message that is delivered completely. Above that is a message with the "current" date and a timeout warning saying that a different message couldn't be delivered. The date of that message is 2005. Does this make sense?

Try deleting the msg's around this and it also. If you don't want to lose them forward to some account first then delete and try again. See if it is a msg causing the glitch

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back