Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messages not being delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbedding

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2002
GB
I have a client site setup with SBS2003 std, using Exchange 2003 and the POP3 connector to collect email.

Problem is this: 2 external sources cannot send email to this exchange server. I believe the email is failing when it is being delivered on the server, as I have tried pulling the email directly into Outlook Express from the POP3 and it is fine. The only common denominator is that the 2 external people have umlauts/accents in their display name.

Is it possible that the Exchange server is seeing these "strange" characters and can't deal with them? If so any idea on how to resolve?

I have tested this on a second SBS2003 Server (mine) and it behaves in the sme way.

TIA

Change the display name temporarily and test. You mention that you're having issues with mail delivered TO the server, yet you're using the POP3 connector. Which is it? Push or Pull? If it's the POP3 connector, ratchet up the logging and see what pops into the event logs.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Unfortunately I can't change the display names as this is with the external company. Email is getting to the server by the POP3 connector.

Logging has been increased to see what happens.

In message tracking there is no mention of this message.

The POP3 logging should indicate a problem.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back