Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messages getting cut off in 4.0 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronromano

Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
US
Has anyone run into this? Just got 2 back to back here in the office. Pretty sure the calls came in on the same analog line but I haven't changed any settings.

I think it might be related to the Visual voice button, I am testing it now. Do you have one on the mailbox that is experiencing the problem?

I had the same issue with an IPO 4.0 with analog trunks. I used the following source number entry on 'NoUser' to fix the problem:

VM_TRUNCATE_TIME=1

I am using a value of '1', but I think you may put a value of 0 through 7. The number represents the number of time 'cut' from the end of the voicemail message. Z

That doesn't help, but how did you find out about that? I didn't see it in any docs. It appears that it is only on outside calls not internal.

Having exactly the same issue. If you look at your voicemail log files you will see the following:
----------------------------------------------------
09:11:27.968 - StartRecording C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Greetings\MSG04420.WAV
09:11:44.265 - Receive CLOSE for session 179, call-id 0
09:11:44.265 - Removed 9656 bytes from recording (0.603500 secs)
09:11:44.265 - Removed 112000 bytes from recording (7.000000 secs)
09:11:44.265 - EndRecording
---------------------------------------------
Notice that you see the "Removed . . . bytes....." VM Pro is successfully telling you that it is truncating the message but I am not sure why. I have a support call in the works as we speak. I currently only have POTS lines to test so not sure if issue is on PRI, etc... I have also tested this internally (i.e. if you call from one extension to another and leave a VM) and it does not create this issue. The voicemail is fine when used internally and I have not captured the "Removed...." when doing so.

Did you reboot after making that change? Sorry, I forgot to mention that...Z

One more thing - I have tried this about 50 times so far (calling in on different trunks, leaving different voicemail lengths, etc...) and the amount of the message that seems to be truncated is around the 7 second mark (Please review your log files) and the byte sizes seem to be about the same as well no matter what!

It appears setting this new setting to 2 solves the problem, but I am still testing. Burlyman, can you try it and let me know?

Z how did you know of this setting?

I had a field trial system running 4.0, and I learned of the fix early in the trial period (I had reported the issue). I am in the U.S., and it seems that the GA version requires me to keep that adjustment. Z

I set the value to 1 as mentioned by "TheZCom" and the problem went away (after reviewing the log files you will see only 1 second removed and very little data (bytes). I'm thinking of testing the 0 as opposed to 1 however I'm not sure how any of this ties together with the No User. Ronromano - the 1 should have worked for you. I did the same thing (implemented the No User change) but did not reboot. As soon as I rebooted the problem was resolved!

Ok - I set the value to zero "0" and the log files still show a very small byte amount of data being removed however it works perfect. Thanks for all the help and any technical insight as to why this is the way it is with 4.0 would be great.

One more question. In a SCN scenario do all the originating IPO's need to have the No User modified or just the central IPO where the call is passed to over the IP Line? Perhaps I should just set them all just to be safe?

Worked for me too! You guys are life savers...the distributor is still trying to figure out what to do!

Wait, now my hunt groups won't go to voicemail until they ring for 45 seconds regardless of how long my "no answer" interval is. It worked fine before I made the change to the "No User". Any thoughts?

You have changed the setting for Voicemail answer time in the hunt group tab I assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back