Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

messages for absent OPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

picchietto

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
IT
Hello,
I should assign a voice message for the incoming call to advice each caller that the system is in night service.
This message should be available only when all OPI's are absent.
I known that using the normal configuration for OPI is only possible assigne a welcome message and queue message.
I have the VSU board present and I don't have any Voice mail system.

Hello,

In order to do this you ned to do the following.

This is for BC11 but I am sure it works for BC9 and BC10 as well.

Create a Hunt Group.

GHGRI:GRP=XXXX,LIM=X,SERV=1000,TRAF=15,SEL=01000,QUE=15;

Allocate a message on the VSU board for your afterhours message and record it. Lets say this is MSG 5.

Now allocate this as a QUE Message for the Hunt Grp.

RAGAI:GRP=XXXX,QUEUE=5;

Now you must create an extn put it as a member of the Hunt Group. I always use an Analogue Extn.
Once you have done this you need to make the extn busy, I do this but putting a short at the wiring frame.

Then allocate the Hunt Grp as the redirection point.

OPADC:CORG=Y,NDIR=Y,RERNUM=XXXX;

Once the Operator is Unavailable the calls get diverted to the Hunt Group and because the only member is busy they Queue and get the Queue Message.

hi tripleT,

your solution is correct but can be simplified :

program a digital extension with itype = 0 (CTI extension)
(you'll need a free equ on your ELU28) and put it in the Hunt group and program a WELCOME+QUEUE message on the group

RAGAI:GRP=XXX,WELCOME=X,QUE=X;

this little solution requires NO cabling at all (shorting an extn is not really healthy)

greetings,

Hello TripleT and Whosrdaddy thank you for your suggestion.
I'm going to test it.

br

What about playing the night message as the WELCOME message , then you don't have to make the group member busy.

I always use the welcome message and that works fine. I normally but an ADN number as a group member, then you don´t need an EQU either. But you need an extisting DTS.

NANSI

It is working fine with the welcome message in combination with a ADN but:
The ADN keeps on ringing and never disconnect's the line. The calling party hears nothing anymore after the message. How can i solve this problem???

When you create the ADN, use CALALT=0 (silent ringing).
I always record "silence" in the greeting. If you don´t do this the caller will hear ringingtone efter the message has played. When you record the greeting press the mute button efter you have said what you are going ti say, and let it be pressed for 10 sek before you press #. Then the caller will not hear anything after the greeting and he will hangup. (If he is a normal human being of course).

NANSI

Can anyone tell what solution will immediatelly after playing the message drop the trunk line ?

The only way to drop the line as I know is tu use a voicemailsystem to leave the message. OneBox is great for this. You can program the voicemailsystem to hangup efter the greeting plays.

NANSI

And MD110 IVM cannot hang up after the welcome message ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back