Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messages deleted in VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTelco

Technical User
Aug 21, 2004
US
Hello

2.1.35 version, with 2.1.19 VMPro

1: User reports that he had a lit message waiting lamp, but when he logged into VM he was told "no messages". Anyone come across this before?

2:While digging into his complaint that he has also been left messages by others that were never in his mailbox, I noted that the wav files are not deleted from the user's mailbox when he acts to delete them. Are they purged at some later time, or should they in fact be removed from the mailbox as soon as they are deleted by the user?

Thanks for the input

Check the staus txt file in the mailbox, this will show the staus of the message number, O old, N new D deleted S saved, they are not deleted immediataly, but marked for deletion then deleted later, after how ever long

Thanks- the messages were in fact purged from the mailbox when I checked this AM. Now I have to figure what happened with the message waiting lamp.

Messages marked for deletion are actually removed during housekeeping, which by default occurs after any two hour idle period - if run the voicemail server in its console mode overnight you can see this happening

?What happens on a voicemail server that never has a two hour idle period I don't know, hopefully there's also a once ever 24 hours since housekeeping was last performed rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back