Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Problem on Analog Phones Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY105

Technical User
Jul 6, 2011
US
Hello All, I have a very unique problem which I will explain hopefully in as much detail as I can.

1) System - New CS1000E Rls 5.0
2) AAstra 9110 Analog Phones or Cortelco 2500 with added light.
3) Analog Cards are all NT8D09AK Rls 5
4) Just upgraded (or downgraded depending on viewpoint)from a OP61c with MM13 to CS1000E with Callpilot.
5) VoIP and all digital phones message waiting lamps work fine.
6) On analog phones CLS is programmed with MWA and LPA.With this configuration I do not get any lamp indication or wavering dial tone. When I change CLS to LPD I receive the wavering dial tone.
7) This problem occurs on all analog phones no matter what Superloop, shelf or cardslot.
8) I tried new cards, reprogrammed some phones and set up test phones on different Superloops.
9) Also programmed MIK and MCK on digital phone and can turn on lights on digital and VoIP phones but not Analog phones.
10) I have intermittent speech path problems on the analog phones only as well.

My thinking is that these symptoms are pointing to a DSP resource problem. I am not familiar with how to run tests on the DSP's to check them to try to isolate the problem. Or is there a software corruption issue that is across all my DSP's. I also performed a ENTC in LD 80 with luck on seeing any problems. I also performed a CallPilot trace and all looks good.

Please let me know what you think and how to proceed with this issue.

Thanks

I had the same problem ...thanx for the post PR..;-)

Hi tomeguy, can u post the what was fix of this issue?

This from half way up the page from NY105
Thanks to everyones input the problem is solved. It was the DIP Swt setting on the front of each cabinet that was the problem. Had to turn Swt 7 to the "OFF" position and the lights are working now.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back